Beginners 4 Day Plastering Course
You require little or no previous experience to attend our beginners plastering courses , our qualified instructor will be with you throughout ever stage of the plastering course , he will demonstrate each stage and guide you as and when you require it.
- Preparation of walls and ceiling
- Mixing of Backing Coat (Floating) and Skims
- Application of backing coat (Floating) to one wall with window reveals
- Application of plasterboard to ceiling and DOT & DAB (Dry Lining) one wall with window reveals.
- Application of angle bead (Rough and Skim Bead)
- Application of tape to all joints
- Application of finish plaster to a polished standard
- Patchwork and Feathering (Skim half the ceiling and wall leave whilst mixing finishing plaster then skim the remaining halves, feather in the joins so that they cannot be seen or felt by the hand. You can also paint over the join if you choose to do so and see the results!
- The use of PVA to all walls and ceiling for re-skim as many times as possible throughout the four-days.
- Beginners plastering Course Objectives
By the end of the four-day plastering course you will have the understanding and knowledge of the following:
- Understand the requirements of wall preparation
- Understand the correct procedure in mixing both backing coat (Floating) and finishing plasters.
- Produce a professional level of Dry Lining (DOT & DAB)
- Produce a professional level of application of backing coat (Floating)
- Produce a professional level of applying angle beads
- Produce a professional level in applying tape to joints
- Produce a professional level of application of finish plaster and skims to a polished standard.
- Produce a professional application of Patchwork
- Produce a professional level in Feathering
- Produce a professional application of the use of PVA to all walls and ceiling for re-skim.